- Upholstered in a vinyl or velour finish. The most popular — Toyota chocolate brown, Dark grey and 70 tan.
- Robust construction — suitably durable for “off road” driving.
- Fits the vehicle without drilling any holes by utilising the grab handle captive nuts and sunvisor mounting screws.
- Installation is quick
and easy, fitting instructions and a fitting kit are included.
- Sits high enough to provide maximum headroom and to allow the sunvisors to remain in their original position.
- We manufacture our consoles
in weekly batches. If we receive an order by Monday 5:30pm Sydney time your console
will be dispatched on the following Friday. The dispatch date can vary if there
is a public holiday.
- Professional fitting service available.
This console can be fitted to the vehicle without drilling any holes. The
two self tapping screws and snap caps supplied in the "console fitting kit"
are fitted through two holes at the front corners of the console into the body
of the vehicle. These screws are only required in extreme cases, when the console
is required to carry a large number of radios or heavy equipment. In most cases
the console can be fitted by utilising the sunvisor mounting screws and the grab
handle captive nuts.
Step 1. Remove
the console fitting kit from inside the console.
2. Unscrew one side of each sunvisor - the side closest to the rear view mirror.
3. Remove the front threaded screw that holds the passenger's side grab handle
onto the vehicle.
Step 4. Remove the
front Christmas tree plug that covers the front captive nut for a driver's side
Step 5. Without attaching
the sunvisor feet. Place the console in position and replace the sunvisor screws
back into the vehicle to bend the consoles front mounting brackets into the correct
Before fitting the
console take note of the positions of the sunvisor's foot locating pin hole and
the screw hole. Be careful not to fit the screw into the locating pin hole.
Step 6. Remove the sunvisor screws and
Step 7. If the additional
support of the two self tapping screws is required, (see introduction) puncture
two holes in the trim under the plywood holes at the front corners of the console.
8. Install the wiring for the radio(s) or accessories.
9. Attach your radio(s) or accessories onto the top of the console using the
mounting kits supplied with those units.
10. Place the console in position and secure it by replacing the passenger's
side grab handle and by attaching the 6mm x 20mm threaded screw supplied in the
"console fitting kit" to the driver's side captive nut. Lift the front
of the console into position and secure it by re-attaching the sunvisor mounting
Step 11. Place a snap cap over
the head of the driver's side threaded screw.